Friday, March 17, 2006

Ripple in Still Water



If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung
Would you hear my voice come through the music
Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air


(Chorus)


Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow


Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men


There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone


(Chorus)

You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

Grateful Dead

Words by Robert Hunter; music by Jerry Garcia Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Endment said...

The photo is delightful

I appreciate the reminder
Let there be songs to fill the air
and may your cup be full